Saturday, April 6, 2013

Unicorns

I recently let it slip that unicorns and pegasuses (pegasi? Every time I try to spell it, I get squiggly red lines.) aren't real.  I didn't know it wasn't common knowledge in my house.  Kaiya said something about wanting a pet unicorn, and I told her something like maybe she could get a pony and some superglue, but a unicorn wasn't going to happen.  Boom!  Three crying kids.  The older two started it first, and then Tanith had to join in on the waterworks.
We had about three minutes of hysterics before I remembered that animals with random horns sticking out of their heads had been discovered or modified to have a single horn.  We agreed that unicorns were real, but very, very rare, and that was that.
Now Ronin wants a rhinoceros unicorn.
image via Lair2000



No comments:

Post a Comment