Thursday, April 4, 2013

How to have your cake and eat it too

We have a problem here. It's one of those cold, boring, rainy days. I really want to bake a cake, but have no special occasion.  If I bake it today, I'll sneak a piece when it comes out of the oven, eat another while decorating, another with the kids, a fourth one while cooking later on tonight, a fifth one for dessert, and two more after the kids are asleep.  I'll eat another one for breakfast while I'm folding laundry in the morning, and eat another with the kids after lunch.  Then it will be all gone and I will miss my cake.

Now that I've planned that out, it looks like an even better idea.  It sounds even more delicious when I see it in writing.

By the way, I don't like the title phrase.  What's the point in having cake if I can't eat it?  I understand that in olden days, have meant keep, but why would you want to keep cake?  It gets all moldy and gross.  It still doesn't make sense, even after Wikipedia explains it.

Darn you, Pinterest, for making everything look so tasty.
If I make that cake, I'll look like this for a while.






No comments:

Post a Comment