Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Homeschool Rant #2

Homeschool kids are weird.  It's true.  If you start typing "homeschool kids are," it pops up.  If Google says something, it has to be true.  Right?

Oh, I see.  So you've met someone who was homeschooled.  They were weird.  That means that all homeschoolers are weird, right?  Of course.

I've met a lot of public schooled children who were ignorant little selfish twits.  That must mean that all public schoolers are ignorant little selfish twits. 

Harsh generalizations are. . . well, harsh.  For lack of a better word, they're harsh.  

My kids are weird.  Not because they're homeschooled, but because they're mine.  I'm weird.  By your standards, at least.  








Cafe Press has some pretty funny stuff down there, you know.
 


1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, they're your kids...they were doomed from the start. ;)

    I think the biggest concern people voice is the socialization but all the homeschool moms I know are always taking their kids and here and there and everywhere. They don't hole up in their homes and do nothing.

    The initial wave of homeschoolers did so because of social issues or religious issues. So yes, before there were resources for homeschoolers and the growth in popularity there were socializing issues. The adults I know who were homeschooled ARE socially awkward, but a LOT of them are also neurodiverse and I suspect many have aspergers, not lack of socializing.

    ReplyDelete