Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tanith's New 'Do: Part One

I have long hair.  The husband has long hair.  My daughters have long, beautiful red hair. The boy has a mullety floppy mohawk.  We've never had any real issues with the kids cutting their own hair, other than a tiny snip with each child.  Until today.

I was working on supper and Kaiya put a nice wooden turtle hairbow in Tanith's hair.  Tanith and I both agreed that she looked pretty, but she wanted to look extra pretty.  She walked into the dining room where her siblings played and exclaimed, "I'm even prettier!  My hair is prettier!"

I guess this means she's taller than I thought.  She somehow managed to reach the scissors over 4 feet in the air without help and did this:


I must say that I'm proud of the way I held my temper.  I didn't yell.  I didn't scream.  I didn't cry.  I explained very calmly that I was a little disappointed and that we were going to have to cut off her long beautiful hair.


Now I have to choose what haircut we'll give her.  I could do a little pixie cut or the dreadful short pageboy bob I always hated to give little girls.  Maybe a bob with a Padawan rattail?  A few of us have agreed that a good punishment would be a mullet.  Kaiya and her dad are both in on that one.  It'll be perfect for our Christmas pictures.  Suggestions?  I'm giving myself until tomorrow to cool down on this one since all three kids need haircuts.

1 comment: