Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why did the Student Cross the Road?

I don't know, but they didn't look both ways.

I did some work today on the campus of a local university.  There were lots of pedestrians, of course.  I'm not a pedestrian.  I live near nothing.  In my neck of the woods, I have to drive to get everywhere.  Not out of laziness.  I wish I could save some gas and money just by walking to get places, but most places are miles and miles away.  Even if it's not too far, the speed limit is 55 and these drivers are dangerous.

I've gone off topic again.  That's always a problem here.  I was talking about pedestrians at a local university, right?  I can't begin to tell you how many of them just walk out into traffic without even looking in either direction.  Texting while crossing the street.  Reading while crossing the street.  Looking behind while crossing the street.  I understand that it's a pedestrian friendly area, but really?  I still always look for a crosswalk and MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO CARS.  I remember discussing safety the first week of kindergarten.  You look both ways before you cross the street.  It should be common sense.  Are there no requirements to get into college?


No comments:

Post a Comment