Friday, February 14, 2014

Snowpocalypse 2.0

The south has been hit with another round of winter weather.  This time, I've been trapped inside the house since Tuesday.  It's Friday now, and I'm going batty.  Against better judgement, I let the children watch The Snowmen episode of Doctor Who, so they haven't been interested in playing in the snow.  When I say it's bad down here, it's bad.  It's not just that Southerners aren't prepared for driving in the snow or that the roads weren't salted. 





The mail trucks didn't come around here yesterday, and I've got a lot of angry eBay buyers because the postal planes have been grounded.  When I called eBay customer service this morning with my laundry list of questions, the person I spoke with was very understanding and asked how the weather was in my area and how we were holding up.  I asked if he had seen The Shining. 
I'm starting to feel like Jack Torrance.  After last year's ice accident where I slid and sideswiped some dumbass who had decided to park on a busy city street without using emergency flashers or brake lights, I don't drive if there's a hint of ice, so we've been here since Tuesday.  When we got home from gymnastics on Tuesday, I still got stuck in the 2 inches of snow that had accumulated on the grass in our yard.

Lloyd the Bartender needs to show up soon if I'm going to keep hearing the Angry Birds song.  I've been waiting for him, but he must be up in Wake County partying with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and this guy.
 
At least we homeschool and won't have any Saturday make up days.

No comments:

Post a Comment