Thursday, February 20, 2014

Clean all the things!

I woke up this morning in full-fledged "Clean ALL the things!" mode around six this morning.  It's one in the afternoon now and it still hasn't passed.  The kids have been involved on and off, in between school and making more messes.  I've scrubbed and decluttered a few rooms.  Decluttering is my big problem.

I'll be going through and getting rid of stuff like it's my job or something and everything is fine.  Toss, toss, donate, give away, yay! Then I see that pair of pajamas.  The old man pajamas I bought 13 years ago and have worn constantly ever since.  They're baggy blue flannel and covered in penguins.  Every time I put them, on, I think I'm stealthy like a penguin.  They're the two most perfect pieces of clothing I've ever owned.  They've been the one constant in my life through all these years.  They're not without their problems, though.  They're full of holes, the elastic is shot, and after all these years of wear, they're pretty stained and beyond fixing.  The buttons have had so much stress put on them, they've ripped holes in the fabric.  For some reason, I can't get rid of them.  I walk them to the trash can and freak.  I've put them in the trash a few times, but they hop right back out and into my drawer. 

I used to wear these things all the time.  I'd come home from work and put them on immediately.  I'd leave shows and events and wear my penguin pajama shirt on the subway ride home.  They went with me to the birth of my first child.  I still wear them on a regular basis.  I'm wearing the top right now. 

Somebody needs to come over here and burn them or say they're taking them to a new home where they'll be loved.  Somebody else needs to find another pair of baggy old man pajamas that are covered in penguins.

The original "Clean all the things" post.

Kaiya thinks it's hilarious when I reenact memes.  She got photographic evidence this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment