Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ronin is an expert!



My son, Ronin, cannot keep his hand out of his pants. He turned three a couple of days ago and he is absolutely fascinated by his penis. I’ve even resorted to telling him he was going to pull it off if he kept playing with it. His favorite response? “I’m a peenish exputt.” My guess is that he must be working on his doctorate.

I’ve been trying to encourage potty learning for almost a year. It’s not that I don’t know what I’m doing. My oldest was using the potty all day every day around her second birthday. Ronin just has no interest in it. Please don’t give me potty advice; I’ve probably tried every trick in the book this year. And DON’T tell me to put Cheerios in the toilet. We did that one time and when I turned my head to see what the 5 year old was yelling about, HE ATE THEM!

What really bothers me is when condescending relatives feel the need to tell me that so and so’s kid is using the potty, but it’s okay because not all children are as smart as others. WHAT? Ronin knows more about animals than most adults, but Snotty McSnotHead’s son is smarter than mine because he can poop where he is told?  My dogs can do that, but they can’t name all of the trains from Thomas and Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment